Sunday, May 17, 2009

Study, study, study...

...using the two text books that the students used. I took the last of my exams this pass Saturday and only had five days to study for it. It was physical/earth science. I know it doesn't sound like a biggie but there's a lot of stuff in earth science. Astronomy, geodynamics (plate tectonics, rocks formation, energy in the earth system, etc.), waves, force and motion, and electricity and magnetism. I think that's all of them. I think. My brain is slightly fried from absorbing all that cool info but it was a lot.

The exam was ok. There were a couple of questions and terms in the exam that I didn't read in either text books I studied from and it freaked me out. All I did was give it my best educated guess and crossed my fingers that I chose the right answer.

Walking out of the classroom all I can do is pray and repeat I hope I passed, I hoped I passed, I hoped I passed.... I think I passed and I hope I do because if I don't pass this one test my chances of starting the credential classes this fall is pretty much nilch. There's another exam in mid July, which I can take, but the results don't come in until mid August. That's just a couple of weeks too late pass the deadline of August 1st. Erg.

Fall or spring, I'll take the classes I'll need eventually. I'll become a teacher eventually. In the meantime I'll continue to work until I receive my pink slip (soon enough) and get a gig working as a teacher aide, volunteer, and tutor kids after school. I can live with that if I don't pass this exam the first time.

No comments: