Monday, May 11, 2009

Leaving the Madness

Today was my last day of observing Ann, a great high school science teacher in the east side. Yes, I know I said the student's were horrible on my first day, but they grew on me. They are good kids and need some TLC to grow. I'm going to miss the madness and scramble of it all. Yes I can listen to music at work, yes I have peace and quiet, and yes I have lots of time for myself but I'm not looking forward to it. I want the interactions and the questions and the smart-alecky remarks. I want to see them learn and I want to praise them for a job well done. I wish I had more time with them.

I have the patience and I believe I have the skill but unfortunately I don't the time, yet. I'm still jumping through hoops and still have one more requirement before "the committee" views my file to gain acceptance to the single subject teaching credential for the fall 2009 semester. There's going to be a lot of e-mailing and phone calls tomorrow to straighten the little details out (groan) and I'm confident I'll be enrolled soon. More details tomorrow.

1 comment:

Brian Miller said...

funny the things we miss...hope all the details work out!