Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Mentoring and Fund-Raising

I have my list of six mentees, an alumnus that has requested to be on my team and his co-worker whom he recruited. That's a total of eight mentees! I have my work cut out for me.

I'll be meeting most of them this Saturday at the TNT season Kick-off. I can't wait!

I've been busy writing up a short welcome/bio letter, a fund-raising flyer, congrats/welcome e-mails, and have been putting together a small grab bag. The grab bag consists of small sample of running necessities. A packet of Gu, a packet of Luna Moons, a PowerBar, hard copy of my short welcome/bio letter, cards for Massage Envy and Downtown Yoga Shala who are helping me with my fund-raiser, and a nifty TNT pace card. I might add a small bottle of Gatorade, but I think that might be too much. If you can think of anything else I should add to the grab bag please leave a comment!

On top of that I have managed to secure a couple of raffle prizes for my fund-raising party, too! My dentist in San Jose, CA donated a Sonicare electric toothbrush worth $167 (thanks Dr. H. Chang), four movie passes worth $42 (thanks Alison), and a $50 gift certificate from Massage Envy in the Pruneyard in Campbell, CA!

I still need to secure a couple of more items so if you know anyone with a business that wants to donate any gift certificates or items for me to raffle off please send them the link to my blog. All donations are tax deductible, are promoted to 150+ participants of the team and on this site, and they'll be helping save lives in finding a cure. Go Team!

1 comment:

Ronda Laveen said...

I didn't read this last week as it wasn't up. Too bad. I would gladly donate a couple of massage gift certificates but probably won't do you much good as I am in upper northern California. If it helps, you can come to my site and leave a comment.