Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Eek!

It's scarier than I thought. High school, the kids are unmotivated, they're constantly trying to up one another, and don't want to do any work! It's a game to them! Is this what high school is all about? Trying to be top dog by disrespecting the teacher? By avoiding all school work? Do they care about their futures? Is this the group of students I'm going to teach? How does one inspire the unmotivated and the ignored?

Sigh. Today was my first of five days observing a high school biology/integrated science class. Tomorrow I'll also observe a chemistry class, a more advanced class, will the students be worse? It's only been one day and I couldn't stand it. The kids, they all bug. Tomorrow is another day and I need to remind myself why I want to do this; I want to inspire and I want to enrich the student's lives. I want to help them. Hmm, perhaps I should help out in class rather than sitting back watching the instructor yell out orders to her students.

Tomorrow is another day, a brand new day, a different day and a new start.

No comments: