Thursday, April 30, 2009

Buddy Run Send Off

Every Thursday morning I undergo a ritual, I wake up at 5:30 and don on my running gear and meet up with the raddest group of people I know, my running buddies.

Today wasn't an ordinary gathering, it was send off Thursday. Several of the members are running in a several events this weekend and that means coffee and cake! At the end of the run Steve breaks out the coffee and cups and this time Jen brought the banana bread, not exactly a cake but a close second. It's an odd site to see in a public park at 7 in the morning, but neat nonetheless.

My friend Victoria is doing the Calistoga to Santa Cruz relay (that's 199 miles!), Coach Hao is running the Eugene Marathon in Oregan, and I'm running Avenue of the Giants half.

We run for a cure, the LLS. You can donate here.

Steve-o pouring the good stuff.

My buddy Victoria and Jesi.

Jen and the banana bread.

The manwich. John, Hao, and Steve.

Hao took off his jacket at mile one and forgot to pick it up on his way back after 5 miles. Ran up to the mile marker only to find it gone. He ran a total of seven miles total. All that running wasn't able to keep him warm out in 44 degrees.

Good luck to everyone running this weekend! Happy running!

1 comment:

John said...

Thanks for the great pictures, Gabby! Who knew Thursdays at 6am could be so fun?

I hope you have a great run tomorrow. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

John