Thursday, April 9, 2009

Gnats, Gnats, and more Gnats Everywhere

Yesterday I managed to wake up at 5:30 am to meet up with my old buddy run group at 6 am. I'm tired. I ran four miles with my running buddy Victoria, captain Steve and coach Tim. John, Brian and Jesi went further and faster than us, but that's them.

Rain still being in the forecast the dark grey sky quickly lightened into a light grey sky. As this happened large clouds of gnats gathered over the paved trail. I mean large. You couldn't run without breathing one up your nose and in your mouth. In my lucky case some in my eyes. YUCK was the least I can say. Coughing is what everyone did. Screaming and swatting are what Victoria and I also did.

At the end Jesi ran up asking how everyone liked their gnat breakfast. Oh Jesi...how many did you swallow?

No comments: