Saturday, April 4, 2009

My Next Event is...

Avenue of the Giants Half Marathon in Humboldt county California on May 3rd. This will be my first major running event since I ran the Nike Marathon last October.

I've been running up to four miles but now it's crunch time. I ran six miles with Victoria, my running partner/buddy/mentor, yesterday at where other than Campbell Park. The most active park I've ever seen! I'll get back to that later. So, six miles in one hour! I am so stoked about our time. I wonder what my time will be on the race?

My training schedule is as follows:
  • 4 miles Tuesday 4/7
  • 5 miles Thursday 4/9
  • 8 miles Saturday 4/11
  • 4 miles Monday 4/13
  • 6 miles Wednesday 4/15
  • 10 miles Friday 4/17
  • 3 miles Tuesday 4/21
  • 3 miles Thursday 4/23
  • 4.2 miles Pat's Run Saturday 4/25*
  • 2 miles Tuesday 4/28
  • 13.1 miles Sunday 5/3
I submitted my schedule to my TNT coach and I'm awaiting his advice. Now I just need to find different places to run. Campbell Park is great but I need a little change of scenery. Plus, I'll be heading to New York soon where I hope to run in Central Park.

*Pat Tillman's friends and family created Pat's Run as a way to celebrate Pat's legacy while raising awareness and funds for the Pat Tillman Foundation.

No comments: