Thursday, April 23, 2009

Fundraising

I'm a mentor for the South Bay Silicon Valley Run Team for Team in Training 2009 summer season! Yippee! I'm so happy I can't wait for the season to start so that I can inspire and lead a small group of new runners.

What I'm training for-
  1. Pat Tillman's Run (4.2 miles) in San Jose Sat. April 25, 2009
  2. Avenue of the Giants Half Marathon in Humboldt County Sun. May 3, 2009
  3. San Francisco Marathon/Half Sun. July 26, 2009
  4. Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon San Jose Sun. Oct. 4, 2009
  5. Nike Women's Marathon in SF Sun. Oct. 18, 2009 TNT event

Nike is the official TNT event I'm training for and the others are for fun. My team is also training for the Kauai Half Marathon on Sep. 6, 2009 and the Royal Victorai Marathon in BC, Canada on Oct. 11, 2009.

This is where I need your help with fundraising. In exchange for a great support staff, great coaching, I must fundraise for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. The vast majority of funds go to over 40 researchers here in Stanford, UCSF, and Berkeley. Funds also go to patient services-treament co-pay assistance and travel to and from hosipitals. How amazing and great is that? I need fundraising ideas other than bake sales, restaurants, and garage sales. Selling T-shirts? A marathon time pool? Come on, throw your ideas at me!

If any of you can, then please donate. If you're interested in training for a marahon (26.2 miles) or a half (13.1 miles), cycling a century (100 miles), a triathalon (swim, bike, then run), or hiking Yosemite then click TNT and check out your local chapter. Believe me, you'll get hooked.

All ideas and donations are much appreciated. Thanks!

2 comments:

Dot-Com said...

Good luck with your running!

Gabby said...

Thank you Dot-Com!