Tuesday, December 2, 2008

5K Time Trial

Today at track we ran 5K to determine the wave we will be placed in, also to figure out our pace for our race. So my 5K time came out to be 28:26-that's a pace of 9:10 a mile! According to this I should be able to fulfill my time goal of 4 hours and 30 minutes for my marathon, maybe I'll run it a little faster. Maybe even 4:20...we'll see. I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it!
I didn't push myself as hard as I could today because I wanted to see what a nice comfortable pace would be timed at. I was pleasantly surprised and will run a bit harder to see what I'm capable of, but there's a problem, my knee is aching.
I noticed it after dinner at CB Hannigens when I stood up to leave. It felt a little funny at the end of my run but it didn't hurt until a couple of hours later. I've iced it, heated it, and iced it again. It's feeling a lot better now but we'll see how it is tomorrow. I'll e-mail my coaches tomorrow. Until I can see them I'll keep off my feet and take it easy.
Oh, I had a bake sale at work yesterday and another one today after track. I baked oatmeal cookies and made just over $100! I'm thinking I can do this a couple of more times after track. Everyone's hungry after track and oatmeal cookies are a great quick snack. What do you think?
Go Team!!!

No comments: