Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Relays


Whew! Tonight we ran relays on the track. We ran 400 meters 12 times-that's 3 miles! My partner was Robert, a new participant this season. He's training for the Kaiser Half in San Francisco.
Of course after our track work out Coach Kirs leads us in our post run stretches and core workout. I don't think she works us out long enough, but that's just me. I will tell her that we should do more reps of everything but I don't think that will go over well with other people. (Yep, I was that kid that always reminded the teacher to give the class our homework assignment.)
Surprisingly it wasn't that cold tonight. Lot's of people were in shorts but not me. I had my beanie, my long sleeved running shirt
, jacket, and running pants-well running capri pants. I did get warm after the warm up run and a couple of laps that I took off my jacket and beanie. The only sucky thing about a relay in the cold is getting a chill waiting for your partner. I was constantly taking my jacket on and taking it off. I get cold very easily.
All in all it was a great workout and I can't wait till next week. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: