Sunday, December 28, 2008

Sawyer Camp Trail

I know I haven't updated my blog in over a week but here it is. The team ran this last Saturday on Dec. 20th and it sadly became my last run with the winter team. I'll let you read about it.

Sawyer Camp Trail was absolutely beautiful Saturday morning. The gods stopped the rains to allow us to run along Crystal Springs Reservoir with calmness and ease. Yes it was cold, yes it was foggy but the fog yielded spectacular views of the lake and the redwoods trees and oaks as the fog dissipated making for a smoky effect along the lake edges.

The sun warmed us all made us all feel alive and well whenever the light penetrated the canopies and moss hanging from the trees. The sun, the trees, the lake and the singing birds definitely kept me going when I wanted to stop but stop I did. My knee really started to act up at mile 2.5. I had to stop a couple of times to stretch and warm up that I told my mentor Debra and her mentee Sam to run ahead without me. By the time I caught up with them I knew I could not run any further. I knew at that moment I would not be able to run in the Napa Valley Marathon. It was at that moment that nature took care of me and did not allow me to feel sorry for myself. There's always another marathon after Napa, with cross training and therapy my knee will heal and I will PR at my next marathon. Also, there is summer season where I will become a mentor.

With that I will no longer write about my training but of my recovery efforts. Of cross training at the gym with my husband, my doctor visits, and if allowed the manning the water stop/aid stations for the remainder of winter season. Team in Training can't get rid of me that easy!

See you at the water stops!

No comments: