Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Yay, hill repeats...I mean 30 minute walk

So, I went to see my doctor Monday and he told me to continue my routine of icing, heating, rolling and stretching. Oh, and to take my Aleve twice a day. Yay, I paid someone to tell me to do what I've been doing so far. It is nice to know what I've been doing has helped.
Yeah, my knee feels a lot better but still feels a little funny. But it did hurt a hell of a lot going down hill Sunday so I skipped hill repeats tonight. I stayed behind at the track with the gimp group which was led by our lovely in training co-captain Meghan.
This is great, the track lights, you know the really big bright lights around the field, was turned off about an hour early. It wasn't too bad because only the gimps were on the track but when a certain S.S. tried turning the lights back on she turned on the sprinklers instead. Not a big deal if you think about it except that we do our core work in the field! Ai-yai-yai, that's when the rest of the team came back for core and were greeted by a dark wet track. But not to worry, Coach Kris came and turned on the lights. The lights finally warmed up and turned on half way through our core workout. Eh, that's OK we found a dry patch and worked out there.
Of course this was followed by a Hang With The Gang (HWTG) at CB Hannigans, our friendly neighborhood pub where we all hang to drink, eat, and be merry.
Take care.

No comments: