Thursday, December 11, 2008

Bitterly cold buddy run

It was a great crisp 40 degree dark morning when I arrived at Campbell park today. Man, it was cold. Everyone had pants or leggings on, except for Coach Tim, and everyone had hats and warm jackets. We were all bouncing around to keep warm when Tori stepped up and sarcastically said, "awww, don't you all look cute all bundled up." Yes, we all looked cute this morning.
Sigh, so I began running and felt fine. One mile in I had to stop to stretch. I couldn't reach mile two and began walking. That's when I spotted Tori running back. I hailed her down and walked a mile with her. Not wanting to drag her down with me she ran the last mile in. Tori's awesome for walking with me.
Steve is also awesome. He walked me in at the last stretch and gave me the low down on his injuries and others as they trained for their first and second marathons. We just have to slow down to heal and know that aches and pains will come and go. Certain ones we can push through and others require more time, but we all heal. Hmm, I want mine to go away now.
Well, because my knee is still bothering me I will skip this weekend's run. I don't want to but I think I have to. I'm still icing and rolling and stretching, which has helped out a lot, but I'll give my knee some more time to heal before track.
79 days left till Napa!

No comments: