Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Twenty miles in Monterey

The Napa runners are gearing up for their longest training run of the season-20 miles! I will be out there, rain or shine, cheering my teammates on and providing them with plenty of water, gatorade, and snacks. Besides the normal little cups filled with pretzels, gummy bears, and Skittles, I'll be bringing my delicious homemade oatmeal cookies-bite size oatmeal raisin and oatmeal chocolate chip. I'll also be selling them for my fundraiser after the run. Three big cookies for $5. They're so worth it.

Janine (teammate), Kendra (Coach Tim's daughter), and me and my husband will be stationed out at Lover's Point. It's going to be fun hanging out with these two great ladies. Pumpkin bread from Janine and music from Kendra's iPod. I think out of all three water stations ours will be the best.

Janine on the right stretching.

Kendra and Coach Tim on the left.











Sunshine is delicious,
Rain is refreshing,
Wind braces us up,
Snow is exhilarating,
There's really no such thing as bad weather,
Only different kinds of good weather.
-Unknown

No comments: