Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Tahoe Weekend












Here are a few photos and stories of my first visit to Lake Tahoe. Yes, the very first time I've been there was over the weekend. I know it's sad but at least I finally made it up there.

Knee deep snow makes walking through snow fun and scary all at the same time. Making trails through the snow is a great workout.

Sledding is also fun but the funny thing about sledding, well it was to the people watching me sled down that hill was watching me crash into the same tree twice! After crashing into that tree a second time I called it quits and took photos of my family sliding down that icy hill. I'll post the photos on my Picasa site later this week with an active link.

The best part was taking a lake cruise into Emerald Bay. The lake was a gorgeous blue. The sun was high in the sky but the winds were really chilly making it a bit hard to ride on the top deck. Regardless of the cold my family and stayed up there to take in the great views and seeing the snow covered mountains reflect off the lake.

Besides taking a lake cruise, crashing into trees, building half snowmen and sinking into deep patches of snow the coolest thing was running into two summer TNT teammates. I was loading up the car when out of nowhere I heard Autumn say, "Gabby, is that you?" I was shocked to see Autumn and Elaine stopped in the middle of the street. Apparently Elaine noticed a woman wearing a Nike Women's Marathon jacket and mentioned it to my cousin, her friend, Autumn Huynh. Since Autumn happened to run behind me all summer she totally recognized my back and stopped the car. We hugged and chatted and thought it was really cool to run into each other up there. Yeah, TNTers are cool group of people.

No comments: