Monday, March 23, 2009

I'm back!

I can't believe it's been almost a month since my last blog entry! I absolutely despise the phrase "I've been busy" and sadly that's what I have to say. I've applied to SJSU to get my teaching credential for high school chemistry, taken several exams, and submitted the majority of the required documents. On top of that I've continued to see my physical therapist and have steadily increased my mileage. My knee is doing great by the way.

I've studied like a madwoman for the CSET in three general areas: algebra and number theory, general biology, and chemistry. The exam lasted five hours on a Saturday afternoon, yep, afternoon, and I was so glad when it was over. Algebra and number theory was surprisingly tough, general biology was really general science and chemistry, well, it was chemistry. Overall it wasn't too bad. The worst part was sitting in desk for five hours. I have forgotten how uncomfortable the desks we sat in were, but then again, we didn't sit in them five hours straight. Instead I hope to stand in the front of the class basically the whole day. What a difference, eh?


I took a technology test at SJSU last Friday evening. That was joke but I understand that they want their teachers to be computer competent. It was eight sections of ranging from editing a letter in Word, using Excel for an electronic notebook, to online research and using Power Point. It was a synch.


Ah, as far as my physical therapy is concerned today was my last appointment. Debbie gave me a few new dynamic stretches to perform before running and gave me pointers to correct my leg and back when they become misaligned. Debbie also gave me her number in case I have any questions later on. She's so cool and has helped me out in so many ways that I'll be sending her a thank you bouquet and card.


My knee doesn't hurt when I run anymore! It's such a great feeling to be able to run and not be in any pain during the run. There's nothing I can do for soreness though. Soreness will always be there afterward. Ice and stretch and roll.


Speaking of running, I ran five miles on Saturday in 50 minutes and 41 seconds! How fantastic is that?! It's great to finally be outside and running! Yes I have gone out and ran two and three miles here and there after work in the evening at the Campbell track but it's not the same than running in Campbell Park. There's no way I can run 20 laps at a track. I have to push myself to run 12 laps to equal three miles. Running in the park in the early morning hearing the birds sing, the steady flow of Highway 17 traffic rustle by, Canada geese honking, and seeing other runners and walkers along a trail of blooming flowers and trees cannot be compared to any track. It was so liberating to be out. Now to convince my husband to join me in the morning...

No comments: