Thursday, March 26, 2009

Half and Full Marathons in California

Now that I can run I'm looking forward towards mentoring the 2009 summer season of Team in Training. I'm also looking forward towards running a couple of full and half marathons before the actual season begins in early June/late May. (There's a mentor captain meeting taking place in early April at the TNT office that I will be attending. I'll have more concrete information later.) If this is the case, then I really need to start training. Before I start training I need a race and date and luckily there are so many races in different parts of California. I found this website listing all the races: full and half's, tri and duathon's, and my favorite-trail runs. The choices are endless.

Before I get a little carried away I should see if I can run ten miles without serious knee pain. I should be fine but I just want to make sure first. Keep your fingers crossed for me. With that in mind I'll be running four miles at the track tonight. Yippee, 16 laps on a crowded track...I can't wait. Here's a quote that best fits my thoughts about running on a track.

"I love running cross country...On a track, I feel like a hamster."
-Robin Williams

No comments: