Saturday, November 22, 2008

Guadalupe Park Trail

It was a chilly 43 degrees this morning when I arrived at the LLS and TNT office parking lot.The sun was peeking up from behind the tall trees. The TNTers huddled around in groups for warmth and some evern wrapped themselves in towels.
So, today I ran 8 miles along the beautiful Guadalupe Park Trail in down town San Jose. We ran through the Guadalupe rose garden just north of down town, down along the trickling river into downtown right by the Shark tank pass Paolo's and the Center for the Performing Arts (the cake building home to the San Jose Ballet), and by Deer Meadow at the Children's Discovery Museum up the freeway 280! Then we turned back to the start only we passed the start to get in a total of 8 miles.
As I was running I ran into two new participants, Felicia and Claudia. They were interested in doing a run-walk and I being an alumni have my watch and intervals going already and asked them to join me. Running info-I do interval runs which means I run for five minutes and walk one minute. I am not as tired at the end and can go a longer distance by doing interval runs. Felicia and Claudia were a little suspicious about it but wanted to try it-they've heard so many good things about from the clinic Coach Tim gave the previous Saturday. The ladies really appreciated the minute walks during the last two miles. It's really going to help them when they run their marathon and mine.
At the end of the run we had a great potluck, check out the spread in the slideshow. Everyone enjoyed the recovery drink someone brought for us all, chocolate milk for those of you who don't know.
Overall it was a great run. A little bit chilly, ok a lot chilly in the morning because I was freezing my butt off, but as the sun came up it warmed really nicely. Let's hope all my long distance runs are like this throughout the winter season. Ah, let's wish really hard that it will be because I'm not looking forward to running in the rain.
See you Tuesday night after track!

No comments: