Saturday, September 5, 2009

New Shoes!!!

It's time I retired my running shoes. They're filthy, starting to tatter, blood stained, the insoles giving up their support, plus the tread is wearing out having over 317 miles on them, I'm shocked I waited this long.

So, I went to Runners Revolution and picked up my new Brooks Adrenaline GTS! There I happened to run into Jen. It was great catching up with one of my running mates and didn't realize how much I missed her and the rest of the Team. I don't have class or tutoring this upcoming Thursday and I hope to make it to the Buddy Run at 6 am. So peeps, bug me!

As you can see my new shoes are pristine and gleaming. My old ones looked like that once, before Rancho San Antonio, and other dusty parks. I won't be long before my new ones look like the pair they're replacing. With this comparison looking at me whenever I walk into my apartment, I'll make sure to wash my shoes after a dusty run in the future.

Now to break in my new shoes! With my Achilles chafed skin wound healing nicely, and not wanting to aggravate it more, I put on the thickest running socks I own to cushion it- my Team In Training socks!

Ahh! That should do it, and it did! I ran eight miles at Campbell Park with little pain. The first few steps did hurt but quickly dissipated. Soon enough the plantar fasciitis acted up and my foot went a little numb. After several more minutes of stretching and loosing up my laces my little aches went away. Or my pain tolerance has gone up. Either way I know that I must roll my foot more often now that my runs have reached double digits.

Next weekend 18 miles at Lake Merced! Whoo-hoo!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Aww, I miss you too!

Are you going to do winter season? I am going to sit it out, but I will continue the Thursday AM buddy runs and I'd love to join the team on any OYO's.